2022 Summer Undergraduate Research Fellows in Chemistry – Leadership Alliance Summer Research Early Identification Program (SURF-C/SR-EIP)
Welcome to the online application for the Summer Undergraduate Research Program for Diversity in Chemistry at Princeton University for the summer of 2022.
You will be asked to submit all of the materials below through the online application.
All applicants must apply via the Leadership Alliance-SR-EIP portal and select Princeton University as one of their three site choices, so as to become part of the Leadership Alliance network.
The Leadership Alliance programs encourage diversity to further its goal of preparing young scholars from underrepresented and under served populations for graduate training and are not exclusionary on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national and ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
Required Application Materials: (Due by February 1, 2022)
- Completed and submitted online application form including a short personal statement.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members. Submitted online. When completing the online application, please supply your recommenders’ institutional e-mail addresses. Each referee will then automatically receive an e-mail with directions on how to submit a recommendation on your behalf.
- Transcript(s) of all undergraduate courses and grades, including the current fall semester. You will be asked to upload a .pdf version of your current unofficial transcript on page 4 of the online application. If you are offered admission to the program and accept our offer, you will be required to submit an official sealed transcript from your current college or university. Mailing instructions will be included in the offer letter. If you are unable to upload a .pdf of your current transcript, an electronic version of your transcript may be submitted to: Susan VanderKam at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and “SURF-C/SR-EIP Application” in the subject line.
- The due date for all application materials is February 1, 2022).
- Only completed applications will be reviewed.
- Please make sure to click the “Approve Application” button on the main application page to submit your application form.
- All applicants will be notified via e-mail of the Selection Committee’s decision on or before April 15, 2022.
- Applicants must be undergraduates who are US citizens, permanent residents, or foreign undergraduates attending a US educational institution.
- Applicants must be current undergraduates (rising sophomores, rising juniors, or rising seniors) at the start of the program.